Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

Oxford did what?

To be honest, I am not one to constantly check up on what Oxford's Online Dictionaries gets up to. The closest I get to an online dictionary is googling things like 'Cesspit definition' to make sure that that is the word I want and whether or not the real definition and what I think it means matches up. Years of being surrounded by forum twats make you paranoid like that.

The header to that Oxford site said 'Oxford Dictionaries. The world's most trusted dictionaries'. Verified by whom? Was a survey being carried out on the world wide web regarding which dictionaries are being trusted most by the general public? How can I be certain that Urban Dictionary is not the more trust-worthy? I trust UrbanDick. UrbanDick is my bible, yo. I don't quite trust Oxford now. Not with this latest news about the new additions they have made, as was brought to my attention by a post on my Facebook news feed this afternoon.

Please, let it all be lies.
I read through the list of new words added into the dictionary and a small part of me died inside. The epeolatrist in me is slowly expiring. Epeolatry is a real word, you fucking spell-check.

epeolatry

PRONUNCIATION:
(ep-i-OL-uh-tree) 
MEANING:
noun: The worship of words. 

Yet that word is not in Oxford Dictionary.  Oh, the irony.

SRSLY. 


Even Sriracha is in Oxford's.

This bastardization of the English language is giving me the urge to vom.

Dear Oxford Dicks, who on earth are you sourcing these words from?

These twats, I bet. Totes amaze.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment